UML 2.5 Diagrams Overview. A UML diagram is a partial graphical representation (view) of a model of a system under design, implementation, or already in existence. UML diagram contains graphical elements (symbols) — UML nodes connected with edges (also known as paths or flows) — that represent elements in the UML model of the designed system. University of Massachusetts Lowell Office of Residence Life Graduate and Professional Studies Center 839 Merrimack St., Suite 140 Lowell, MA 978–934–5160. In all versions of UML from UML 1.x to UML 2.5, the essence of object is the same: Object is an instance of a class. Glossary of the now obsolete UML 1.4.2 Specification defined object as An entity with a well defined boundary and identity that encapsulates state and behavior. Unified Modeling Language (UML) is a language of graphic description for object modeling in the field of software engineering. UML was created for definition, visualization, designing of software systems. UML is an open standard that uses graphic notations for creating visual models of object-oriented software systems. Two types of diagrams are used in UML: Structure Diagrams and Behavior.
Uml Slot Machine
Object diagram is a kind of UML diagram that shows a snapshot of instances of things in class diagram. Similar to class diagram, it shows the static design of system from the real or prototypical perspective.
A state diagram, sometimes known as a state machine diagram, is a type of behavioral diagram in the Unified Modeling Language (UML) that shows transitions between various objects. Using our collaborative UML diagram software, build your own state machine diagram with a free Lucidchart account today!
Creating object diagram
Perform the steps below to create a UML object diagram in Visual Paradigm.
- Select Diagram > New from the application toolbar.
- In the New Diagram window, select Object Diagram.
- Click Next.
- Enter the diagram name and description. The Location field enables you to select a model to store the diagram.
- Click OK.
Creating instance specification
To create instance specification in object diagram:
- Select Instance Specification from the diagram toolbar.
- Click on the diagram to create an instance specification shape. Name it.
To specify classifiers for an instance specification:
- Right-click on the desired instance specification shape and select Select Classifier > Select Classifier… from the pop-up menu.
- This opens the Classifiers tab. Click Add… in it.
- In the Select Classifier window, select the class(es) to be the classifier of the instance specification. If you are referencing another project, you can select its model element to be the classifier. Just change the from project selection at the top of the window.
- Click OK to return to the Instance Specification Specification window.
- Click OK to return to the diagram.
To define slots for an instance specification:
- Right-click on the desired instance specification shape and select Slots… from the pop-up menu.
- The Instance Specification Specification window appears with the Slots tab selected. Select the features that you want to define slots on the left and click Define Slot.
- Select a defined slot and click Edit Values… at bottom right.
- The Slot Specification window pops out, the Values tab is opened by default. Click Add button and select Text from the pop-up menu.
- Enter the slot value and click OK to confirm.
- Click OK again in the Instance Specification Specification window to return to the diagram.
To create link between instance specifications:
- Move the mouse pointer over the source instance specification.
- Press on the Resource Catalog button and drag it out. Drag to the target instance specification and release the mouse button.
- Select Link from Resource Catalog. A link is created.
Posted By freeproject on March 13, 2018
This is the Activity UML diagram of Parking System which shows the flows between the activity of Customers, Duration, Parking Slot, Vehicle, Type. The main activity involved in this UML Activity Diagram of Parking System are as follows:
- Customers Activity
- Duration Activity
- Parking Slot Activity
- Vehicle Activity
- Type Activity
Features of the Activity UML diagram of Parking System
- Admin User can search Customers, view description of a selected Customers, add Customers, update Customers and delete Customers.
- Its shows the activity flow of editing, adding and updating of Duration
- User will be able to search and generate report of Parking Slot, Vehicle, Type
- All objects such as ( Customers, Duration, Type) are interlinked
- Its shows the full description and flow of Customers, Vehicle, Type, Parking Slot, Duration
Login Activity Diagram of Parking System:
This is the Login Activity Diagram of Parking System, which shows the flows of Login Activity, where admin will be able to login using their username and password. After login user can manage all the operations on Parking Slot, Customers, Duration, Type, Vehicle. All the pages such as Duration, Type, Vehicle are secure and user can access these page after login. The diagram below helps demonstrate how the login page works in a Parking System. The various objects in the Type, Parking Slot, Customers, Duration, and Vehicle page — interact over the course of the Activity, and user will not be able to access this page without verifying their identity.